Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stepping Out of the Box

“He who writes and runs away may live to write another day.”

All right, the original quote was “fight” not “write,” but I take poetic license. 

Hello and welcome to my blog.  You will know me as Caboodle, and there is a reason for that.  However, I will not tell you what that reason is.  I am a firm believer in learning, and Google is your friend.  (Plus, what fun would life be without a challenge every so often?)

Moving on—my blog’s title.  Odd, you say?  Well, let me explain.  I’d say this blog will be a literature/movie analysis, but analysis is such a serious word.  I’d prefer to call it an opinion piece.  I’m going to take a book or movie or video or whatever I’ve seen or heard recently and expound my worldly knowledge on it.  More accurately, I’m going to (in as amusing a manner as possible) write what I think of it. 

Thus, the subjects of my posts may shift drastically from one to the next.  It will be random.  People throw all manner of things into their lock box.  Then, a few months or years later, they open the lock box, pull out a random sheet of paper, and say “what the heck is this?”  I will be doing something similar.  I will pull something random out of the lock box that is my brain and talk about it. 

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.  Hope you stick around.  I promise to be entertaining, engaging, and (if all else fails) not too long winded. 

See you out of the box,
Caboodle

1 comment: