Friday, July 6, 2012

Flash Fiction--Romance, I think.

I call this romance. I don’t really write romance, but I submitted this for a contest about a year ago. It didn’t win, but I punched it up, and here it is. Enjoy!

The theme of the contest was the impact of a missing presence.

“Come on. I’ll make it fun.”
She looked into his eyes. She wanted to, but she couldn’t. Oh, Jason. “I just can’t."
“Why? We want each other. What’s the problem?"
She struggled to hold back tears. Jason’s absence weighed on her. “I just can’t.”
He put an arm around her waist. “You know you want to.” He kissed her.
It was true. She wanted to but couldn't forget Jason. She resisted but didn’t stop him. Jason. God, she missed Jason.
“Just relax.” He pulled her against him. “I’ll make it fun." His breath tickled her ear.
She started to respond but stopped. He wasn’t Jason. She couldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment