Friday, November 30, 2012

Presents!

Good Friday,

It’s the last day of Nanowrimo. As I said on Wednesday, I failed. Lol.

The truth is it hit me at a bad time. I was done with the writing of my WiP and onto the editing. And then that final paper for class tried to kill me. My final count for Nano was around 20k.

To those who finished, great job!!!

To those who didn’t, if at first you don’t succeed…. You know the rest.

Here’s to next year!

---
In honor of Nano, here’s a bit of rejected material from the urban fantasy.

Vern (the half dryad) walks back into her office to find Hanson (the womanizing warlock) sitting at her desk. Reminder: Vern believes Crys (the fairy) hates her guts.

---
I drew up short in the doorway to my office.

“Afternoon,” Hanson said from where he perched in my chair.

“You have a thing about sitting there, don’t you?”

The warlock stood and stretched. “Only when I’m looking to talk to you.”

I leaned against the wall. “Should I get comfortable?”

“Nah.” He crossed the room and tapped the top of my head. “This is just a quicky.”

“I bet you say that a lot.”

“Sometimes,” Hanson said without so much as a flinch. “In any event, I just came down to tell you not to go near Crys’s lab.”

I snorted. “You don’t have to tell me that, trust me.”

“I know, but I was just there and she was in a worse mood than normal.”

“Seriously?”

“Complete with angry fluttering and a threat to roast me alive.”

“She needs anger management,” I said.

“True story,” Hanson said. “She’s a big bully. Or, actually, considering she’s a few inches shorter than you while hovering, I’d say she’s a small bully.”

“Oh God, don’t tell her that.” I shivered at the thought of my fate if those words got back to the fairy. I’d be better than dead.

“No worries.” Hanson winked. “You’re not the only one with a sense of self-preservation.”
---

Last thing before I sign off for the weekend. Join me on my Facebook author page and/or my Twitter for “The 25 Funny Days of Christmas.” Starting tomorrow and going until Christmas Day, I’ll be posting a different funny Christmas song or parody of a carol with a double feature on December 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment