On February 6th, I was honored to receive the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks go out to my good friend, Katie Kenyhercz for the award.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Wow! That's a lot of work for one little word!
Here are the rules for receiving the award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you. Plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer. (It’s the same 11 questions.)
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. (I have 7).
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
Eleven things about me:
1. I love singing as much as I love writing.
2. I’ll forever be a Bostonian.
3. I still love Disney’s GARGOYLES.
4. Goat cheese is my favorite cheese.
5. My favorite Broadway musical is WICKED.
6. When I wear makeup, I wear tasteful purple eye shadow.
7. I have a wrap-around dragon bracelet that is my signature piece of jewelry.
8. I can’t live where it’s very warm most of the year because I’m a boots, jeans, and sweatshirt person. I like to project “don’t mess with me” even if I can’t necessarily follow through.
9. My preferred type of fantasy character is a thief/assassin.
10. I’ve always wanted a motorcycle.
11. I’m a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fangirl.
Eleven questions about me and my answers:
1. Beach or mountain holiday? Mountain. I live eight minutes from the beach.
2. Where in the family do you come? Only child.
3. Dog or cat person? Dogs, but cats love me for some reason.
4. What's your favorite season and why? Fall. It’s warm enough to be comfortable outside but cool enough for me to wear my boots, jeans, and sweatshirt ensemble from above.
5. What's the last book you read? The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
6. What's the last movie you watched? Um. I don’t remember. Muppet Christmas Carol, I think.
7. What's your favorite weather and why? Between 45 and 65. See clothing preference above. Up to 85 is okay, though.
8. What would you like to be written on your tombstone? “She was an –ism—enough said.”
9. How would you like to be remembered? As an author and a good person to those close to me.
10. When and why was the last time you giggled uncontrollably? A few days ago. I can’t remember exactly why, but it’s the laughing that really counts.
11. What's your favorite photo on display? There’s one of me at the aquarium standing beside a tank of jellyfish. I put the caption as “I shall call them Squishy, and they shall be mine. And they shall be my squishies.”
Here are the people I’m tagging. Go to their blogs and congratulate them!