Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Writer's Favorite Words

Good Wednesday,

And what a lovely Wednesday it is.

I wrote every writer’s favorite words last night.

THE END

Yes, that’s right. The rough draft of my thesis is done! At present it consists of 33 chapters, 403 pages, and a whopping word count of 107,297 words. A bit on the long side, but it’s epic fantasy. That means I’m not too far over the mark.

Am I done? Hells no. I’ve still got revisions up a storm. The first 16 chapters need to be seriously looked at and reworked. But I wrote THE END. Love that feeling. Who’da thought two words could give such a high, huh?

In honor of this momentous occasion, I’d love to say I’m taking the day off from the thesis. But I tend to be a workaholic, so we’ll see how that goes. The only way I see that happening is if I work on my 3000-word submission for June res. This project (which will sit on the side lines until after graduation with the exception of this submission) is what I’d term epic fantasy. I think I’d also term it new adult. It used to be a short story, but my writing group informed me it was too big to be a short story. “Mary, you need to make this a novel.” Yeah, cuz I have time for that.

In retrospect, it does probably need to be a novel, and when I’m not drowning in thesis and a lack of time, I’ll thank my writing group instead of glaring at them.

But I do have time to do a first chapter. That and I need something to submit by May 17. Yes, one short week after my last thesis submission is due.

*mutter, grumble, grumble, mutter*

But enough grumbling. I wrote THE END! Party time till revisions start.

Have an awesome day and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Confident it had been a wonderful weekend break!, I am just happy for you!, your current attire can be georgeous! rs gold buy

    ReplyDelete