Saturday, March 8, 2014

MCS #6: Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland (1951)

Alice follows the White Rabbit to Wonderland. Can she get home before the Queen of Hearts takes her head off?

I have not seen this in about fifteen years, so this will be interesting. Alice in Wonderland fell into the “earlier Disney” category that I couldn’t get into as much. I owned it on VHS (you know, back in the Stone Age), but I never bought it on DVD and probably won’t. Such is life.

I haven’t even gotten around to reading the original story. It was never required reading, and I’ve been trying to focus on current pop fiction since starting grad school. I want to stay abreast of the market and such, but I will read it.

So the movie. K, Cheshire Cat disappearing? Did anyone ever see the Peanuts episode where Snoopy did that?

Hee

Favorite song. I always thought “Painting the Roses Red” was hilarious. The thought of a bunch of playing cards painting roses to pacify their queen just cracks me up. Let’s watch.

Nice harmonies, boys.

Also, March of the Cards—seven dwarves, anyone?

And really, I felt so bad for the King of Hearts in this movie.

Well, that about wraps it up. I don’t have much more to say. So let’s leave off with a riddle, shall we?

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Writer’s Lockbox

Don’t plant white roses by accident.

Smiley scratches his head, puzzled (animated)

Right, sorry.

Umm, k, this might be a stretch. But when writing the weird, make sure the weird makes sense. Wonderland is a place where things are strange, but they obey the laws of strange. And so too must strong fiction.

Look at me pulling that out of my a$$ after not seeing this movie in years.

victory

Last week: Aladdin and the King of Thieves

And join me next week for The Aristocats

Thanks for reading.

Mary
@desantismt on Twitter

Follow My Blog With Bloglovin

-Kit ‘N Kabookle
My book blog

No comments:

Post a Comment